The first item on everyone’s fall to-do list should be ordering a pumpkin spice latte! So run to Starbucks really quickly, grab your latte, and then take a seat for the rest of our blog post.
As of September 22nd, it is officially fall here in New Jersey, even though it might not feel like it just yet.
Set the Mood
The change in seasons and weather allows you to change up the accessories in your home. Some of our favorite home accents to switch up when the weather cools down include:
- Blankets. If your couch didn’t have an accent blanket on it before, now is the time to add one! Who doesn’t love to curl up in a cozy and warm blanket while watching a movie on a cold fall night? One of our favorite styles of blanket right now are chunky knits like his one:
They come ina wide variety of colors to match whatever your home style is!
- Candles. Nothing says fall like a night at home in your coziest sweatpants, with a cup of tea or glass of wine in hand and some festival scented candles lit beside you. When selecting your candles, we would recommend choosing a beeswax candle as opposed to a standard one. This will greatly improve your home’s indoor air quality because standard candles are made with a petroleum base, which is then inhaled by everyone in the house as the candle burns. Protect your indoor air quality with one of these options:
The color of this candle and its scent is perfect for fall, but if honey isn’t your thing, they have plenty of other scents to choose from as well!
- Pumpkins. Whether they’re real pumpkins or fake pumpkins, you’ve got to have them in your home for fall! Organic decor is such a great way to bring life back into your home while staying on theme with the seasons. Pumpkins and other gourds come in such a wide variety of colors as well so you can mix and match whatever flows with your home the best.
You can typically find pumpkins of all shapes and sizes at your local grocery store!
Next up on the list of to-dos is call your local HVAC company and schedule your seasonal maintenance for your heating system! We recommend scheduling maintenance on your air conditioning and heating systems just before you’re going to turn them on. So in the spring, schedule your air conditioning maintenance, and in the fall, schedule your heating maintenance.
Regular maintenance on your heating and cooling systems has a number of benefits. The top ones include:
- Regular maintenance will extend the life of your heating unit.
- When we come in, we’ll inspect your whole unit and catch any potential problems before they become expensive problems.
- A well-maintained heating unit runs more efficiently, which will also save you a significant amount of money.
If you’re beginning to transition from your summer home to a cozy fall space, let us be a part of the project. At Elite Air, Inc., we have an abundance of experience in installing, maintaining and repairing all kinds of heating units. We understand the unique challenges that come with keeping your home toasty warm in New Jersey.For more information about what we can do for you, call us today at (609) 581-8282 or visit our website!